School staff have high expertise in the aspects of SEN relating to our pupil population and ongoing staff training keeps staff up to date with current research and practices. The details of this are in the school’s SEN report which can be accessed here.
The school holds various national accolades and awards, which reflect staff expertise;
- National Autistic Society (NAS) re: accredited in August 2017 and commendation awarded November 2017.
- Investors in Pupils
- Ican Primary Talk Enhanced School
- ECO schools Ambassador Status
- SSAT Research Quality Mark- Extender level
- Youth Sport Trust- Silver Partner School
- Sports Mark- Gold award
- Heritage School Status
- Specialist Leader in Education through The Swaledale Alliance
The school commissions its own Speech & Language Therapist.
Mowbray School is an associate member of the Swaledale Teaching Alliance and our expertise is available to other establishments through that organisation at www.swaledalealliance.org
Tutors are the first point of contact with parents and every effort is made to ensure that regular and positive communication is maintained between the school and parents. The school actively seeks the involvement of parents in the education of their children. It is recognised that the support and encouragement of parents is often the crucial factor in achieving success for pupils with Special Educational Needs. There are support groups available to parents, including an active school PCTA.
School Senior Leadership Team
- Mr J Tearle (Executive Headteacher)
- Mrs K Pickles (Head of School)
- Mrs K Oliver (Deputy Headteacher responsible for leading the Primary Department)
- Mrs Angie Staple (Deputy Headteacher responsible for leading the Secondary Department
- Mr N Wilford (Assistant Headteacher responsible for Preparation for Adulthood, Working Life and Careers Lead)
- Miss J Gartside (Assistant Headteacher responsible for leadership of Ripon site)
- Miss T Masterman (Assistant Headteacher responsible for leadership of Wellbeing, PSE and SEMH)